Old 26 Nov 2009, 05:00 (Ref:2589379)   #65
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
MarkInTheStands should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
So that could effectively be 80,000 tickets, and from that report they have sold about 50,000 in the last couple of weeks (some of which could be for all 3 days).
Which could be as little as 16,000 tickets if they were all 3 day tickets.

I know that I only bought my tickets in the last few weeks. Since I wasn't going corporate this year, I decided to wait until after pay day to get the tickets (no use them sitting at home for months while I pay interest on my credit card).

But with all this talk of ticket sales, I wonder if there is anyone who could give us the total 3 day crowds for events at Eastern Creek. Like the VIP Grand Finale's and the 2nd to last round? Indeed what was the Crowd figure for the NRMA Grand Finale last year at Oran Park?

Either way this has been promoted better then the last EC event. Which has such a Cherry position in the Sydney Sporting Calender, it was the NRL pre-season weekend (no trials allowed one week before the season) and just after the Charity shield. The AFL wasn't even close to kicking off. It had the Sydney sporting landscape to itself and failed to capitalise.