Thread: Galvin, Mark
View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2605910)   #33
mech1
Rookie

mech1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Alan Docking made a few bob out of him for sure! Remember he ran the Le Mans Mazdas at that time too. He ran an Argo in FF2000 before F3. Reminds me a bit of Mark Shaw ten yers later - quick on occasion but basically a rich boy enjoying being a race driver.
Was looking for some nostalgia on google and came across this. To be fair to Mark Shaw, he didn't enjoy just being a racing driver, he packed it in himself because he didn't think he was doing well enough to make it all the way- could have kept going in F3000 or sportscars if he'd wanted and pretty sure he had podiums and poles in Italian F3000 in last season.

We ran him for a while, and on his day he was as quick as anyone, he just didn't have enough of those days consistently and I thought he suffered at times from not having done any karting. Hard racer all the same. Always on good terms with the boys in the team, and wasn't shy of helping to wash the truck, which is ok by me! Haven't heard from him for years, so if anyone knows where he is, let me know - off to dig up some more old names now...