View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2607032)   #9
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was sad to see the old “Lighter Side” struck from the site with little or no ceremony. May I applaud Iain for creating what must have been the most successful thread ever. Certainly it is the thread that has given me the greatest pleasure over the last year.

At the nouvelle cuisine function at Raymond Blanc’s Ace Cafe some of you asked me where on earth was Graves.

If you have Google Earth: first home in on France, then the Poitou-Charentes. Centralise between Angouleme and Cognac and keep zooming in.

South East of Jarnac you will see Graves- Saint- Amant. If you zoom in on Graves Saint Amant the hamlet of Graves will suddenly appear! There are a few photos taken (I know not by whom) and you can see these by clicking on the little blue boxes.

“Graves 2” shows the hamlet with the vineyard to the left of the church and the barn, in which Delta and Alan Morgan have slept, in the middle. My house is in photograph “Graves 16”.