View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2613506)   #479
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Been busy fetching and carrying over the snowy days, and it is even too cold for me to graft in the garage at -5 Deg C...

The headers are back from the tig welders, all distorted...
Neither side will fit the engine! I will have to cut the first lengths of the tubes and weld on some slipper tubes. No big deal, just a bit of messing about. Overall they look good.

The brakes will be done tomorrow, freshly faced discs to true the one that is warped slightly, and also a pair of new master cylinders from BG Developments.
I've been advised by someone else 'who knows a lot' that i should be using DOT 4 fluid, so that will be bled into the car soon.

The car is pencilled-in to be aligned at McClurg Motorsport in mid Feb, so just a month to go.

Today at the Autosport show i fell in love with the Jenvey injection system for the 3.2 911 engine. Sure looks better than old webers!
Also fell in love with the Ferrari.......

I also got very excited at the Lola T 490 (492?) on the sports 2000 stand, purely because it's chassis plate was in the floor crossmember, a place i have never seen one before.

This made me wonder...
Could my tub's plate be in the same place? This crossmember is covered over by the additional bracing Tony and John added to the tub! Maybe the plate is there, just hidden!!

Sadly, no. The pics I've had from Tony recently show the tub being converted for the Ghia body with the chassis plate definitly in the normal place...rats!

Garage warming up now, so full steam ahead this weekend after I've tried to buy a trailer and taken the damaged Dymag wheel to York for repair!

Bloody race cars.