View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2623001)   #496
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I seem to be making progress now!
I even stood in the garage today at 4.00pm and thought;

'Can't think of much else to do!'

Then made a small list! Even inc to remove the old weights off the wheels for the new slicks.

Dropped the car to the floor today to see how it sits on its new springs (much weaker than the 'original' ones) and all is fine.

Off to York next weekend for a wedding anniversary treat and pick-up the freshened front rims off Ian Jamieson.

Then the following weekend the suspension man at McClurg motorsport for a week.
I hope Sean does not want the body on the car as it will be a good time to paint over the damaged front corner with the garage empty for a week.

Then off to Hitech for weber tune-up, then to BMTR for fresh Avon slicks. (that lot is going to be a bit pricey)

Our Club has it's own hillclimb track by Shrewsbury and a Members Only practice weekend in March, so that is the target, but if it rains I'll chicken out and run the 911 to get back in the seat.

First real outing will be at Prescott Hillclimb by Cheltenham.

The new season has come round really fast!

As to this thread being a TV'esc series? I think you are right!
Wonder if many 'watch' this lot and see it merely as a running account of a backyard amature racing driver and his backyard hotrod hillclimb banger? Think I'm heading for 28,000 hits soon!

Last edited by 911thillclimber; 31 Jan 2010 at 18:10.