View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2636075)   #269
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
You are correct, but I would like to clarify that Nemco has been around for a long time. Joe's been preparing his own cars for most of his career.
Yep he's always, for example, driven his own cars, dating back to 1989, in the Nationwide series where he has 16 victories to his name (including one Daytona 300 trophy).

Also, I need to correct myself - I wrote in my previous post that last year was his first running his own Sprint Cup team. What I should've written is that last year was his first running his own Sprint Cup team in quite some time, since he ran his own team during the 1995 and 1996 seasons as well (as well as for a few races during the 1993 season).

Personally I've always been a fan of Joe Nemechek. I still remember the 1999 New Hampshire race where he won his first Cup race, being chased to the checkered flag by a certain Indycar crossover rookie, like it was yesterday