View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2010, 06:06 (Ref:2639523)   #99
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Just imagine that you owned a Billion dollar company in WA, and for sum reason you decided to become the naming sponser for the V8 SUPERCAR CIRCUS, and in the process you also sponsered a two car team fully. Then at the end of 2009 you and your company had already started to organize who you were going to take to the race meetings in 2010

Come the time for the Perth round you had organized your freinds and workers to a corprate box at Barbagello. In the mean time you have had the launch for your two car team, when you find out that the first two rounds are OS and you can not run your company logo on the car for some reason, then come the end of January you are told there will be NO PERTH race.

What would you do with all the money you pumped into TC's back pocket and the 2 car team you are backing.

Would you continue or pull the plug for not getting exposure for you $$.

Just think about what you would do
I reckon that I'd be having legal look at the contract for a start. Nice hypothetical but of course such a sponsor does not exist.

I have no doubt that all that sponsors by & large would not be happy with not going to WA - so they'd reduce their payments to the teams by the value of the race missed most likely.

Not a huge problem for the teams in some ways as they don't have to bear the costs of going to the year's most expensive sprint round.

I'd still much rather that the race over there was happening of course then none of this would need to be considered.