View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2641530)   #12
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the board Sir!
We all have different tastes and ideas of track designing, I think you will click a lot with folks like Purist and some other street-circuit enthusiasts.

As for my opinion on this challenge, I'm more of a stadium, club track amateur designer so I can hardly think of a 10Km track, yours there looks more like an airport facility for interspace crafts, but I think it would be fun to race, provided you have sponsorship for plenty of engines and the insurance company from hell.

FIA and FIM rules are more about safety and practicality, who would want to watch a race on a 10 K long circuit with a mile long straight is too deep for me to understand, other than IDM motorcycle race(37 mile lap)

Anyway such a circuit would be more of an engine test rather than a sports competition, I believe cars will be geared to the moon and accidents would be final, motorcycles would not be allowed since maximun average speed for motorcycle circuits is 200kmh and any motorcycle will reach 300km'h in any of the present circuits.