View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2643535)   #20
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a circuit which needs a description to show how good the driving roads are. I weaas going to post it as a pre-war monster, but I decided that this would be the best place for it.

The track starts half way down Clay Ln. From there, drivers follow the road to a 90 left at Beggarbush hill, before taking the first right twice., sending them back down the hill to the Crowmarsh Hill roundabout, taking the second exit down Potsway.

At the potsway roundabut, take the 2nd exit right to Winterbrook, then the first left at the roundabout. Thsi takes you to the first long blast past Cholsey and Moulsford to a tight, off camber hairpin at Streatley.

From there, drivers are tested with close quaters as they race over Shortlands and Blewbury Hill to the roundabout at Rowstack, taking the 3rd exit right, up milton hill, onto the A34.

When on the A34, continue until you reach the A4074. Once ont he A4074, follow the road for 6 roundabouts, before taking the first exit at the Elm Bridge roundabout in Benson. After that, Move up Oxford Road and Brook St, taking a right at Sheperd's Hut, and finishing the lap.

it's a little long, at 66.5 km/41.5 mi, but I was thinking the town-to-town themed races of the pre war era when I thought it up.

Linky