View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2647692)   #44
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be honest I'm not sure replacing the wing with a spoiler will be some magic fix to keep the cars from going airborne since it seems the bulkier nature of the CoT itself gives the wind more surface to work with (Edit: which Purist touched on above as well in a much more detailed fashion as I was working on this post). I wouldn't mind being wrong, but I'm just saying, don't be surprised if we have another car take to the skies if quickly turned around at the end of the backstretch at Talladega in about a month.

Also, if the conditions are right a stock car can go airborne at pretty much any track that makes speeds of 180-190 mph+ possible, as evident by the blowover flips we've seen at Charlotte, Michigan (twice), Texas and Pocono in the past. Figured I might as well mention that in case you thought yesterday's flip was an isolated blowover flip at a non-restrictor plate track.