Old 16 Mar 2010, 09:04 (Ref:2653307)   #39
Ramah
Racer

Ireland
Meath
Ramah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
So Ramah, simple promotion while maintaining the status quo is the answer eh? The only reason RX and all other Irish motorsport is knackered is because of lack of promotion?
If you or anyone else think that Euro RX or BRDC are just 'one even't and we can survive without that,' well then you're deluding yourselves because quite simply, you can't - and aren't as you continue your slow and painful decline.
Firstly I diddn't say "simple promotion" you did ! I mearly sugested that promotion is one way to heighten to promote the sport and I did say that loosing the BRDA was a bad blow to our championship but the BRDA is "just 1 round" all be it the biggest round of the year, what I was interested in opinion on was how we could get more than 50 spectators into the stand for the rest of the rounds !
As for the ERC, I agree that getting a round of the ERC over to our shores again would be great however Mondello would have to spend a considerable amount of money upgrading the track to get it over again which I dont think would be a runner.
Look I think rallycross is a great sport and has had some great racing this year even with a low supercar entry I was just interested in some simple suggestions to get the sport heading in the right direction but I dont think from this thread that there are any forthcoming so Im out......................