View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2677779)   #126
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
My take on the two different pit lane incidents are as follows:

1 - Jostling for position on the way into the pits
Exciting but foolhardy and if taken to extremes, could result in someone being barged off the circuit. The same thing could happen at any corner on the track (proper) and the situation should be judged and handled accordingly.
The only people who potentially could suffer as a result of this would be the two drivers involved.
(Totally off topic - That phrase has always led me to look for a slightly promiscuous lady known as Jocelyn Four Positions...)

2 - Wheel banging & driving side-by-side down the pitlane
Totally foolhardy and potentially very dangerous, also putting the safety of many people not just the drivers at risk.
This should never happen again and if it does, severe sanction should be taken against the people involved (and by that, I mean the drivers).

I also think that (as this can be adjudged to have been 'the first time for this) it was correct for nothing other than a ticking off after the race was appropriate regarding each 'offence' on this occasion, but that it should be made clear to the drivers at the next meeting what action will be taken should this happen again.