Thread: LM24 Waivers
View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2715997)   #21
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
It's a new car. Also, they might be taking some development shortcuts that need waivers, because at least according to RLM, the 458 GT2 project is lagging behind schedule for a track debut at Sebring.

Although, since the 2010-spec 430 doesn't have waivers, I'd expect some waivers required for the initial-spec 458, but perhaps not as many as the BMW or the Vette.
so what if its a new car from what i have seen this year there is no need to rush the 458 since the 430 is more then capable of wining, and it is not the ferrari way to take shortcuts, they didnt do it with the 360 gtc, nor with the 430gtc nor with the 430gte,

and since 458 bring new technologies witch can olny make it faster and are compleatly legal, i don't see any reason for waivers. maybe a few, but nowere near as 47 or 23 like bmw and the corvette
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.