View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2716315)   #93
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I know the fire proof suits are hot, but they provide the best way of rapidly releasing a trapped driver. Marshalls dressed to driver spec with a better helmet that they can simply pull on may be a better system.
No. The best way of rapidly releasing the driver is to exintinguish the fire. Fire suit or not, I'm not going into a burning vehicle. Also following an incident sufficient to cause such a fire it may be that the driver is best released slowly and carefully. Dragging them out may reduce their burns, but if it is at the expense of exacerbating neck injuries then you're probably not achieving an overall benefit.

[edit]didn't realise it had gone over the page so didn't spot Jim had beaten me to it. As a back up to his words, I have experienced Jim's fire training and it rates at the highest level. Most of what I know about fire-fighting came from those sessions. Cheers, Mr Whit.[/edit]