View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2726737)   #1023
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Well Champcar's problems went beyond the DP01 and what it could solve. Once a few problems were sorted it was a pretty racy car. Champcar's destiny was set in Sept 2006 and not much could have changed it.

Same with indycar, I think to really set themselves apart they needed to go radical and I think there are too many problems now that this new car can overcome. The golden goose has been cooked.

The only hope for revenue and competition is to bring in another manufacturer. But honda has already made it clear they are bare boning it, so I don't know how that would sit with them. They are fence sitters anyways and I wouldn't count on them.
I agree with you, mountainstar...today's announcement is a tiny piece of a huge puzzle that they need to put together and solve...It may be too late for that.

One American Open Wheel Series!