View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2740887)   #409
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In terms of driving talent, Schumi is probably one of the greatest driver we've had, well up there with the best of any era. In the modern game it's important to be in the best car, but he also had a talent for development that made it so. You can't really judge this year, it's next year when his input will show.

His ability to think beyond the basics of driving sets him apart tactically, and even in little things such as on the odd occasion he goes off he's often been able to recover and get back on track where others wouldn't.

It's his ethics that appal me. His willingness to simply take his opposition off the track and intimidate other drivers is simply unnaceptable, the more so in my opinion because of that extraordinary talent. It's unnecessary because he could win without doing it, and the fact that we know he has that capacity beyond his driving means it's clearly deliberate. For a while I thought that his move on Damon in Adelaide was a reaction, but his later antics made it clear that it was something he decided to do - probably having weighed up that if he wasn't going to finish then he had one opportunity to stop Hill.