View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2743470)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stoowert, I'm in complete agreement with you about how it ought to be, although in my recent experience I can't say I've had either problem.

Re #2, at Oulton I think I've always had a briefing, but at Silverstone I'm always flagging so don't necessarily get one (unless I do it myself). If I can see the nearest incident post having a briefing I do go along and say hello.

AS EP says, though, for some series I wouldn't dream of going trackside while they're out because I don't trust them, but that's not a specific policy, just something I judge on the day. For series where I know in advance I don't trust them then I choose not to attend. Curiously these seem to be the more popular with other marshals which makes me wonder if:

1) They prefer these kinds of drivers
2) They prefer this kind of marshalling
3) That's what they mostly experience and it's being taken into... less high profile meetings.