View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2743506)   #8
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
I got many confusing messages from different PCs & IOs about this. The general impression that was conveyed to me early on was that marshals should not be going onto a live circuit, and yet it seemed to happen anyway..
my bold

The general advice I would have given as an IO to a trainee is that I would not want them to be first out or unaccompanied on an expedition onto a live track. As a post Chief I would still endorse this course of action.
My regular post has a lot of live track action, but since I'm the responsible adult, I still prefer it kept to a minimum and controlled as much as possible. There have been many many arguements about what level of protection a flappy bit of yellow cotton provides.

Different Post chiefs/IOs/Circuits/grades of meeting will have different thresholds for positive or passive reaction. You should be awere of this by now Guinness, and able to reflect on why you were getting what you think of as mixed messages.

If you did a lot of BTCC to begin with, nuff said.

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 12 Aug 2010 at 12:57.