View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2745201)   #24
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few comments on all the above.

o In the current economic climate, I think there may be a U-turn on the BTC cars obsolesence. I know many here feel that with one or two exceptions, the guys driving these cars should be on the grid... but its important to TOCA to have a decent number of cars out and only a dozen would be a problem I would have thought.

o The Swindon motor was mainly aimed at privateers, but something needs to be done on reliability. I'm sure the Dunns will sort it out before next year. In terms of its suitability for non VXR chassis, Phil Glew will be the guinea pig, so we'll know that before the year's out too. I don't see any front running team going with an NGT motor UNLESS Alan Gow decides to crank up the boost pressure and give it an unfair advantage. Of course he may then risk alienating some of the bigger teams who could leave the series altogether. Its a delicate balance for sure.

o Andy Neate brings significant funding to WSR with his Ceravision business. His results have been poor, but as I've said many times before, I feel the series needs gentleman drivers in order to survive and never more so than now. He'll more than likely be back next year.