View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2010, 16:38 (Ref:2747198)   #39
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, the Budweiser deal is no longer a full season. Too expensive, and there isn't a lot of gain. You figure many people watching are the same ones watching every week; so why not sponsor the big events (i.e. Daytona) that get the higher ratings so you can get the one-time viewers too, and the regulars, but not waste the money showing the same logos and livery to the same people over and over? They sponsor for over half a season and they get all the benefits of being the main sponsor (advertising, brand association, etc) without having to pay for 16 extra races that probably offer them little return when the people seeing the logos are the same ones who saw it last weekend and the weekend before...and already knock back a few Buds on race day as it is.

Kevin Conway, I've read, may be headed to Robby Gordon's team in that 07 they keep entering. It would explain trying to get attempts/points for the 07, and the team are in desperate need of funding.

Not Cup, but, Almirola's signed with JR Motorsports in Nationwide. Keselowski was able to get seat-time with Hendrick in Cup because of the JR link, and with Almirola on stand-by for both Johnson and Gordon during this season, I wonder if at the end of his multi-year deal he's a candidate to replace someone (perhaps if Gordon retires in a few years)...either way, great hire by Dale. Almirola's very good. I just hope they can get him in one of the COT races this year so he's all set for next season.