View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2010, 15:01 (Ref:2747991)   #3
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed John, but those with countless amounts of the folding, most would not be satisfied with a moderate performance from any expensive re-build/restoration, and agreed therein lies the problem, and it has become worse with a drift from well applied Club regulations. Mr. White in his BARC hat in period along with sponsors devised race series, and dear Fred Mathews and his 'team' saw to the adherence of the rules by the racing members. Ledgends, Masters, VdeV etc are in short Profit making businesses, and need full grids, [nothing wrong with that] it is when blind eyes are turned, and in the first of my examples they were, then whether rightly or wrongly so bought to book, leaving, not for me, but in the owner's case, the ever prevalent nasty taste. In the other example the owner will expend a fairly high amount creating a car that in period did not exist in the first place! Crazy in the extreme.