View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2775774)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
HRT bids for the Toyota chassis? To race with it next year? If so, then this truly is a sign of weakness. I reminds me to Minardi buying the 2002 Arrows in 2003.

I never realised Stoddart bought them as potential new Minardi's... Interesting. They then became the Super Aguris of course.

This from Wikki:
Further use of Arrows chassis

The chassis and intellectual property rights for the chassis were later bought by Paul Stoddart, the then-head of the Minardi team as a potential replacement for his own team's chassis. The new Super Aguri F1 team bought the 2002 cars and ran them (with some modifications) as the SA05 during the first races of the 2006 season. One of these cars was said to have been on display at Melbourne airport before being acquired by Super Aguri. After being returned to the factory to be updated to comply with the 2006 regulations, the car was taken back to Melbourne for the Australian Grand Prix. An update still based on the same chassis was designated the SA06 and made its début at the 2006 German Grand Prix. The SA05 and SA06 did not score a single point in the 2006 season.

edit - reading up on it I do vaguely remember Stoddy back to backing them. What a way to motivate your chief designer!!

Last edited by ghinzani; 16 Oct 2010 at 14:32.