View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2785358)   #69
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
I do have a problem with people who think they have some ingrained superiority over me because of it. I would think equally dimly of anybody who thought they had superiority over others because they do any particular series regularly.

Aside from grading/experience, and number of days done overall in a season, we are all equal and should be treated equally.
I'm not sure that anyone's actually said either of those things, and certainly it doesn't appear to be the experience actually at an event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
Instead of considering one circuit, or one series, we need to look after motorracing as a whole, and encourage marshals to go as often as they can and particularly to the less popular meetings, wherever they may occur.
I'm all for encouraging people to try other events where they haven't experienced the enjoyment of a clubbie. In the end, as Dave said earlier, we're all volunteers and should be able to choose where and when we participate in our hobby. However, we have no right to expect to be included especially where our or our colleague's safety is involved. As long as the selection criteria is clear and fair we'll just have to live with it where it affects us. It's a situation where someone's going to have to be disappointed, you just have to trust that those not selected are grown up enough to take it on the chin.