View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2011, 15:40 (Ref:2817355)   #22
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
There was also the GrpC race when Jesus Puras in a Porsche ran over a loose manhole cover (I think at Montreal but I could be wrong) causing significant damage and a fire.
Well, it was a little more "interesting" than you say. It was Montreal, and the Group C car ran over a manhole cover at the acceleration point going on to a straight along the river. Because the cars had been "squatting" at that same point all weekend and no one had checked, the welds holding the manhole cover down had broken. The ground effects essentially sucked the entire cover up through the tub. The race was stopped to see if repairs could be made, but you just try to get a unionized Montreal Works welder on a Sunday. I don't recall if the race was scrapped or not, but Montreal never had another sportscar event on the Island.
keke
(who has the t shirt)