Old 27 Mar 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2853816)   #24
browney
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
browney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Let's hope it doesn't lead to too much overtaking. Otherwise the fans will not like it.
I like to see overtaking, but seeing a driver with a faster car overtaken by a slower one, on the straight, just because of a rule is not what I had in mind. Where is the driver skill in that?

What would be wrong with drastically reducing downforce and giving them more powerful engines so that lap times don't blow out, rather than gimmicks? That way the cars would be slower mid corner and we might see more possible overtaking lines (like watching 1000cc motorcycles race, especially if there is not traction control).

All said, I actually thought last year was a fantastic season with only one or two tracks that had bad races (ie. Circuit de Catalunya). I think we were 90% of the way last year. If those cars had more restrictions on the front and rear wings, no double decker diffusers and maybe slightly larger engines (or raise the rpm limit, allow more engines per season or have KERS, etc.), I'd be happy enough to let it alone.

Last edited by browney; 27 Mar 2011 at 01:32.