View Single Post
Old 14 May 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2880251)   #680
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
A pretty idyllic scenario would involve three big manufacturers at the top going for it. Here's hoping that the Toyota LMP project comes through, and that Peugeot and Audi are still around for it.

I have read on these forums and elsewhere that Audi may be canning it's LMP project after the R18; how committed to LMP is Peugeot?
The good news is that IF Audi leaves LMP, a new company is likely going to take its place. A lot is going on at VW/Audi/Porsche in terms of deciding the motorsports future of each respected brand, so anything could happen. What I heard was that the Audi r18 would be the last diesel le mans prototype from Audi and they wanted to switch their LMP program to Hybrid in the near future. There is of course the Williams/Audi rumour, but after what Ullrich said about F1 Id be suprised if that happens. Even if Audi does stay in LMP1 there is still a chance that the brand I mentioned earlier will join.