View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2926990)   #22
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Some ERC guys are not bad at PR, but it seems lacking. I remember Kenny Hansen literally standing in the pits with his Sierra signing pictures, he had time for me back then, had a chat, trie his English and had a fan for life.
The driver that impressed me at the Lydden ERC round was Marc Laboulle - he was signing posters and chatting as best he could (his English is much better than my French!). He signed one for my son and took the trouble to actually write my sons name on their (having been given the translation of the spelling) - that made a massive difference, because it was made out to him he was really pleased with it and kept looking for Marc in the races. Koen Pauwels team scored some points with my son too by going and getting him some goodies from the back of the awning (I don't think they had a massive stockpile).

I thought Tanner Foust would have been signing piles of stuff but he seemed to be hiding in the depths of the OMSE awning whenever I was in the paddock (maybe it's personal ). I guess Gronholm will be a big draw and there will be an organised signing session?