Old 29 Jul 2011, 11:13 (Ref:2932525)   #106
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I know that "F1" as a sport isn't on the "gold list" or whatever its called (the sporting events that are protected), however I was under the impression that the "British GP" as a one-off event was. I believe though, that assumption by myself is wrong. There is no protected status of F1 on British free-to-air TV.

Anyway, I hope its a terrible failure and everyone involved loses a shed load of money.
The list of sports on the list is quite small - e.g. Worl Cup Final, FA Cup Final. No motorsport event gets a look in. http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/080420...ee-air-tv.html

One day the UK government will wake up and see the importance of motorsport in the UK economy - its one of the few areas where we clearly lead the world in high-tencnology innovation and manufacturing. It should be used by the government as a clear advertisement of British tecnological innovative capacity in a wiode range of sectors. I'm not calling for subsidies - just recognition of the true value of motorsport to the UK.