View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2933392)   #392
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar View Post
Either pay for it or avoid checking the Autosport website for a few hours after the race for the ones the BBC isn't showing. Can't imagine that will be difficult on a Sunday afternoon.

It's amazing how many people are willing to wash their hands of a sport they apparently love once they have to dip their hands in their pockets. I live in a small town and even that has at least one pub that will shows F1 live and I wouldn't be surprised once it goes to pay TV if more don't jump on the bandwagon and get a few disgruntled viewers through the doors by showing it.

I appreciate not everyone can afford a Sky Sports package but I can't afford a Corvette either... life's pleasures are rarely free.
It's called a TV License. We already pay for it. A new sky package is £600+ for the F1, which will be at least £60 for each live race if that's all you're buying it for. Considering 3 hours at a cinema only costs you £10 including a bag of popcorn, I'd say £60 per race is a heck of a rip off.

Also your Corvette analogy doesn't really work. I think it's more akin to driving whatever car you have on the road, and pay road tax. Then that road tax gets privatized and you end up paying 6 times the amount in order to drive the same distance. After being priced off the road, would you just shrug it off and say "Oh well, life's pleasure's aren't free" then?