View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2943371)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well got there today just after 9, straight in but directed to the outer fields to park, walked over from the fields and parked my backside in the stand on the outside of Club.

Left about halfway through Eurocup race as couldn't be bothered to find out how busy it would be towards the end of the day....

Very good FR 3.5 race, Wickens taught Rossi a lesson in managing a race I think, and I guess Ricciardo as well...

It looked like he was holding the 2 up, but when Dan had a pop at Rossi, Rob used that to put his foot down and cleared off!!

Costa and the hugely impressive Yelloly got snarled up behind Berthon, the race for the top 3 position might have been very different if they had managed to get by I thought.

JEV had a shocker.... what happened to his car at the start? He still put on a show of superb controller driving to come up through the field, ut now he's dropped behind Wickens in the standings.

Elsewhere I think poor Hartley displayed why we won't see him in competitive single seaters next season. Qualified well enough in 5th, I think it was, but his time was disallowed and was sent to the back, he only made up a few places in the early going and then went off (I presume when Vergne came up on him - anyone?) and then I think he got moving well again taking a few places before going off again!

Overall though having seen this year's field trackside for the first time, we've all discussed the calibre this year already but it is clear that there are an awful lot of good drivers in it!

Battles throughout the field, some intelligent driving (and some not so...)

Shame I won't get to see the new car tomorrow.

When I left the Eurocup was turning into wacky races...

What happened in the end?