View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2011, 15:00 (Ref:2955470)   #92
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I read somewhere on here that Trackdays are causing far more annoyance to local residents than race days because there is no let up on the noise as its continual and relentless with no breaks where as race days have a bit of break between races. If thats the case then thats not the solution for the tracks and if they all went over to trackdays I think the entrants to that would eventually thin out plus the track needs the credance of being an operating race circuit or you may as well go to an airfield venue. Take Bedford for example it just doesnt have the romantic status that say Brands or Silverstone has.
I don't claim to be an authority on trackdays, but on odd occasions we have arrived at a circuit the day before our event and seen the end of a trackday, and they appear to be running silenced. Or at least silenced compared with our noise level
I can see your argument re the credence of an operating racecircuit, but I suspect that would not be lost as BSB and National car races would pay their prices happily, it is just the likes of us who can't.
Now, don't think I am trying to sell this as a good idea, I'm not. I am afraid of this happening as much as anyone else is, I just can't see the mechanism for allowing discounts to filter down into the pockets of the club racer.
I suspect the only way out of this circle is for organising clubs to work to secure sponsors for particular championships and use that funding to make up the difference between what we can pay and what the circuit owner wants to receive. Most championships have a company associated with them now, but how much money is fed into the organising clubs by that sponsor? Does anyone know of any examples? It always seems to be clouded in secrecy.