View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2000, 13:27 (Ref:29576)   #7
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure why I love my car so much. I've been developing full-blown car mania ever since I was a youngster. As Sparky says, the Maestro is not something a lot of people would choose as an everyday car, let alone a classic, but I love it. I don't know whether it's looks or personality (however you define that) but I do know that I'd rather sell several relatives than sell Hexie. Not only is he a huge source of personal pride to me, but he also gives others a lot of pleasure. When the owner of a Golf GTi compliments you on how shiny your car is, and how good a condition it's in, you can be happy. Plus, he gives me the perfect excuse to spend Sundays in the sun in the company of other Maestro nuts, as I did last weekend.

On a more practical level, I live in a semi-rural area, with fairly poor and infrequent public transport links. Plus, the majority of buses either go completely the wrong way, or take over an hour to get where you want to go. Witness this morning - a half hour car trip took me 1 hour 20 minutes on 2 buses. AND I was carrying a steering rack *sigh*. Which just goes to prove I'm mad - carrying a steering rack 1/2 a mile is not recommended if you want to keep your arm muscles.

I have to go now, typing hurts At least Hexie has his steering rack though.