View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2991159)   #50
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
I heard similar things so that leaves them without any major sponsors unless they get very friendly with Ken B and get Monster to sponsor a multi car effort next year. ???
I've not seen anything indicating Block will be back next year yet, so if Monster do remain in the WRC, perhaps the seat will go to someone else.

Given that Wasserman group have taken over the running of the GRC next year and that Block hasn't had massive success in the WRC, I wonder if he will go back to the States for that next year (and perhaps Rally America again?). I think the only reason Monster are in the WRC is because of Block though, so if he goes I wonder if they will bother to keep the MWRT going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I thought the Abu Dhabi sponsorship was linked to Nasser Al Attiyah? With him jumping to a Citroen for next year I assume the sponsorship will follow?
He's going to Citroen as well?! Ha, I didn't know that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
I'd have to agree, Matt has been in that seat for a long time now and not really done anything with it. There are drivers out there that deserve a chance more than Matt now (including several British drivers). The problem as ever is money - with no Stobart money there's likely to be no Matt, but is there anyone with enough cash to step into the car or is it another one gone from the list of entries?
Yeah, very true. Undeserving or not, at least he was another entry in a World Rally Car. Hopefully someone else can step up and fill the void.

EDIT: Just done a bit of Googling and there have been some comments made in the last few days indicating that Block will be driving in the WRC in 2012, but on a more limited schedule than 2011, seems his focus is going to be switched back toward the US again.