View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2011, 19:45 (Ref:2998510)   #54
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
The ERC cars were higher spec? Oops, I really got the wrong end of the stick there then!

I agree. Consider X-Games 16 where "rallycross" made its debut (as "Super Rally"). Even using the stadium and a (very small) section outside the best circuit layout they could manage was a big oval.

Including a stadium as part of a circuit could work (for spectator purposes), but I think you need more track elsewhere.

I know a lot of the old guard didn't rate it, but I thought the layout at X-Games 17 was a huge step up. Just needs more dirt!

I believe Ford were in the process of marketing the Fiesta in the US around X-Games 16 weren't they? Hence why they were keen to get the Fiesta exposure at X-Games and Pikes Peak?
Yeah, Ford were pushing for the Fiesta MK7 quite a bit at X-games 16. I know there was a MK6 racing as well.

If the X games do find their way to the UK two stadiums of the top of my head that might work would be Murrayfield or Wembley. Or if that does not work then why not use Battersea Power Station?

Yeah, there does need to be dirt. Just for added thrills why not have a mud pit, or for the winter x games why not have some snow sections?