View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2011, 02:09 (Ref:3002094)   #1217
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Yup, getting to be a really nice expensive club racing series.
If the ALMS is expensive club racing, every sportscar series since the dawn of time is too.

There will be a minimum of seven new P1/P2 chassis on the grid, that's real investment in classes it was said had no future this time last year, in addition LMPC has grown to be an interesting class in itself, featuring teams with plans to progress.

Factory teams aren't going to parachute in and race amongst themselves, it takes time to re-build, if there's similar growth this time next year, you may see the first signs of Honda stepping up their support for Muscle Milk to counter potential increased P1 competition, from there we'll have to see where it take us.

On the GT side this is the last year for GTC, I think GTE-Am will be introduced as it's replacement, I also believe the series will be given freedom to homologate certain GT3 models in addition to the R8, if there's sufficient interest, i.e the SLS, Z4 and GT-R.

Only when you have a strong foundation with privateers investing in new machinery, and stakes being raised, will manufactuers take a closer look.

Last edited by JAG; 20 Dec 2011 at 02:25.