Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3019600)   #631
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Couldn't agree with you more Promax, it doesn't take much to get some interest going, and thats where this new CoTF project has failed, miserably. And sad thing is that some kiwis will loose money here, and thats no good whichever side of the fence you choose to sit on.

I dont see why the new MRX car cant be seen as the new car for the V8 Challenge Cup. Think of it this way, in oz they have the main game and the fujitsu series (although not called that anymore). But the main thing is they are still the same car.

To allow some kiwi made stuff in the competition why dont they keep building the MRX cars and plant the kiwi seq box in them but with the control ST engine (if that would work???) and run them as the feeder series to the ST main game. The plus of this is that you would have very similar cars both in appearance and performance. In my head this could work, but i know there will be bolitics (a cross between bollacks and polictics) that would stop this from working. But lets face it, the old cars are done for, so why not start from scratch and have everyone (the ST guys and the MRX guys) working together in harmony with the goal of simply creating an amazing series that is right up there globally.

I am well aware of the fact that i am dreamer but hey, this could work
I proposed this a looooonnnnnggg time ago that you could have for lack of a better word right now, a Super V8 Race Meeting, where NZV8s could run their own race and V8ST run their own race. It's been a while, but I think everyone dismissed my idea as barking mad, however V8ST did add the V8 Challenge Cup later on.

If it is too much of a cost barrier for people to afford V8ST, then you could have the MRX car along with the older NZV8's run as a privateer/developmental series. I'll let the engineering wizards figure out how to balance it all, but it should not be that big a deal and just like in the Fujitsu series in Australia, everyone knows the older the spec of the car you purchase the slower it's going to be for the most part. However people can compete and enter with the equipment that is financially doable for their wallet.

Basically lets put egos aside and everyone work together, so that everyone can compete at what price point they can afford and everyone can work together to have a strong national series with plenty of great racing on offer.