View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3029822)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
Best all round? - BMW 320 Coupe. I'm on my third, Decently nippy, goes all day at a reasonably swift cruise if the motorway is the thing, gets me safely past people out taking the car for a walk on country roads. Current one has had a rubbish mechanical record but the 2nd hand warranty dealt with the problems without fuss. You either like the "German" virtues or you don't and I (obviously) do.
the comfortable motorway ride is what i'll miss on my compact when it finally gets replaced. 10 years old, nearly 200,000 miles down and it's still as comfortable as ever, still does the top speed (eventually), and it still has a fair bit of pace, you just have to ask for it in a very specific way (ever since the turbo blew itself up and tried to take the engine with it).

the diesel soot cloud of doom is second to none as well