Thread: Barnfind Blitz
View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3031852)   #4
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokystove View Post
Oh I definitely find them interesting and believe me if I had the means I would go for such a restoration myself. It's certainly nothing new.

But I'm talking about the hype around the idea at the moment.

I like BringATrailer, especially the editor's commentary. He has surprisingly good taste for a fellow American!

I couldn't agree more. I have noticed that prices for the top marques have started to slide ever upwards to the sort of "silly money" of the late 80s.
Some dealers have encouraged investors who are less well-informed that this is a gilt-edged opportunity during a world recession.

Thus the chance also now arises to peddle these "finds" as worth their weight in gold.However we must take into consideration that there are so many billionaires in the world today for whom this is chicken-feed cash - they like car-collecting as a hobby, and now their numbers have been swelled by the Russians and Chinese.