View Single Post
Old 21 May 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3077283)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
This seems like another stupid governmental decision made by someone who hasn't got any grasp of reality, but wants to curry favour on the grounds of 'saving people money'.
Whereas I do accept that the majority of Classic car owners will be enthusiasts, who wouldn't dream of having their car in an un-road-worthy condition, I still think that there will be a minority of motorists attracted to running an old banger on the road because it's cheap. These type of motorists will not spend on anything unless they're forced to, meaning that there will be an additional number of death traps joining us all on the roads.
This is not what I consider as good news...
Really? You really, really think that some irresponsible scrote will be running a pre 1960 car just to avoid MOT? Slow, noisy, expensive on fuel, unreliable, uncomfortable, leaky death traps that will cost far, far more to drive than it will for a 1990s banger to get through an MOT? Plus pre 1960 cars will be much, much more expensive to buy than an old Eurobox/Japbox/w.h.y.

Get a grip! I suspect there needs to be a dose of reality on this forum....