View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2012, 04:00 (Ref:3085419)   #523
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think that works teams would like sponsors' names taking up a lot of space where they would like to put the name of the marque. I imagine Porsche approved the funding for the P1 programme so they could spend an obscene amount of money so that the car that wins Le Mans in 2014 says Porsche on the billboard/fin, not Total or Bosch. Each millimetre of that bodywork is going to be valuable real estate and Porsche is going to want to put their name there, not sell it. If Porsche sells or lends out cars to customer teams (and I hope all manufacturers will) to teams like Peugeot did to Pescarolo and Oreca then we may see some cool sponsored liveries like we did on those 908s. I would love to see Martini, Red Bull, Hugo Boss, and Playstation put their wicked liveries on some P1 cars and I will buy the 1:43 model of each and maybe a jacket or two,but I think the only way we will only see these if they are customer entries. I hope I am wrong though.