Thread: Gran Turismo 6
View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2012, 06:13 (Ref:3117429)   #4
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It usually does - then there's the drawn out development process, the pushed back release dates and the eventual release to large choruses of "is that it?". Don't get me wrong - I like the GT games but GT5 wasn't a big enough step forward for me from GT4 given the time spent on it. The old problems are still there (how many different skylines?), small grids and the rallying still sucks. Did they mention the platform? Is it PS3 or PS4 they're aiming for?
This.

I've always contended that GT5 was a good game and a must-buy for any PS3 owner who loves cars, motorsports, or both, but at the same time have been openly critical of its shortcomings and flaws. The fact is that while Gran Turismo may still do great in some regards, as a total package it just falls short of Forza Motorsport, and Turn 10 churns out superior products in a fraction of the time. While there was a span of many years during which Gran Turismo was the console driving game to have, the one by which everyone else was measured and came up short, those days look to be in the past rather than the future. Forza Motorsport is now what Gran Turismo used to be.

I'm still going to get GT6, and I expect to like it well enough, but at the same time still expect to be on message boards ripping it apart for the long list of ways that it missed the mark.