View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3123139)   #21
600bhppertonne
Rookie

600bhppertonne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside BTCC View Post
Something else to consider is that Knockhill is one of the tightest circuits on the calendar and - of those left - is the circuit where you are most likely to come away with some hefty damage.
I honestly haven't heard so much drivel in a long while:

Circuits tightness and damage - been racing there of an on for 6 years, no damage infact the only person i saw going off with any serious damage was our freind in the orange Lambo a couple of years ago and he done it a few times. Cadwell - Thruxton - Brands, they all have there fair share of cars going off but its racing and drivers should adapt, knockhill isn't any worse than the rest in fact i would say since the improvements of the track over the winter its better with regards to run off

Costs - If you can afford to run in the BTCC you should be able to attend the Knockhill round, i travel around the uk to events and live 3 hours north of the border. It surely is just diesel that's the extra cost, i don't even care if it isn't, the only 'away' round being knockhill and you get competitors giving it the elbow.

I experienced this in some other clubs that had to travel to CROFT, living in the central part of the uk even within 100 miles of this area (milton keynes etc) you have pretty good access to most of the English circuits, where most of them lived, and one trip to Croft per year and it was a big bummer.

In Crofts case, the circuit needs support the club/ DDMC and the track, same with Knockhill not having the same circumstance as Croft, but these big events should support them. Ok there are costs but tracks where money is made should essentially be able indirectly subsidize those who dont earn the top dollar.

Nuff said