View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2012, 23:13 (Ref:3128643)   #103
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
It's incredible to think that auto racing in America is truly dying. I know it's been for a while but...damn.

All we have is driver racing now. We care more about the people in the cars then the cars themselves, or those who prepared and designed them. We think subtle differences in driver skill can make racing exciting, as opposed to differing strengths and weakness of different vehicles over the course of a lap, a race, a season.

The United States has lost touch with racing. We just have competitions of cars on tracks. The Indy 500 and that series are nothing, NASCAR is nothing, Grand-Am is nothing, I just can't believe it. I can't believe we can't let the cars decide a god damned car race anymore. Has to be these heroic wonderful drivers who are so friendly and love signing your stupid junk for you and look at how they smile and have a wonderful wife and two great kids hooray!

I just want the cars back. Put the cars back in it. I didn't get into auto racing when I was six years old because I liked people. I got into it because I loved cars. Ferraris, minivans, I didn't care, I loved cars. So we watched car racing. All kinds of it. I've been to over 100 races, regretfully never ALMS, not yet.

But what we did on Sunday afternoons and evenings, we'll now have to do in the earliest hours of the week's first day. All the racing's overseas once ALMS disappears. It was the last good series the U.S. had.
YOU CAN STILL HAVE WHAT YOU WANT! It's called the internet! Use it to find that sort of stuff.