View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3160607)   #3
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNWRF01 View Post
Shame they just couldnt' step back to Duratec - stick wings on them (ie make them a F4/FF2000 car) and run with that until the economy improves.
All their problems stem from the decision to abandon Duratec, which was providing excellent racing and would probably have enjoyed expanded grids.

If the marketing reason d'etre was to have Ecoboost as the name on the engine cover then they could have just rebranded them and left the race engine and car alone. It wouldn't be the first time and frankly their public probably wouldn't have known the difference anyway, let alone cared. It's the racing that's so important.

It's just a huge marketing own goal imho, which saddens me as I have loved the formula since it's inception, long before the current crew managing Ford's affairs were born I'm sure.

I'd go BARC Renault or F4 now. Toca TV coverage is worthless if you are paying a fortune to race on a tiny grid.