View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2013, 03:25 (Ref:3205683)   #51
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the heads up KSM on announcemts.
I wasn't there, and didnt see the opening laps on live stream, but I have the impression that mixing the 1 hour sprint for local GTs into the first hour was not a good idea for the 12hr runners. Not saying those drivers were at fault in the early carnage, but just being there as extra traffic with a different set of priorities didn't seem to fit. With what happened to TQ, one of the prime movers behind the idea I would guess it could be out of favour next year.
Regarding the supports my feeling is that the logical support classes would be things like Marques, Prodsports, Porsches and feature events for that end of the market. More Chardonay than VB
Might be very good way of re-engaging a lot of the club scene who turn out for track days etc but are now somewhat divorced from racing.
Would suit a different sort of market to that which goes to V8SC. (And that is not to denigrate those fans, just to say they are different).