View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3211185)   #57
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans is a road! So slightly different I reckon!

Seriously, I don't think as many tracks as you seem to believe get resurfaced, they might get patched up in places but to me a resurface is the entire racing surface changed to something new and that doesn't happen often at all.

You are correct on the point about tyres, but you can't compare like for like here as WSB and GP rarely test at the same place at the same time. They used to, especially PI. Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki quite often tested there as factory teams with both GP and WSB bikes in the 500 days.

Pirelli and Bridgestone are so different, the bikes in GP are designed around the tyres these days, which usually means they are better, the bikes are more powerful, riders are better.

For me if you had Dani, Lorenzo at PI now they would be maybe 1 or 2 seconds a lap quicker than the WSB bikes. And if they were racing, maybe even more.

And don't worry, its not trolling, thats a whole different thing, this is called discussion, nothing more.