View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2013, 23:17 (Ref:3231213)   #12
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a little disappointed in this thread - was hoping that there would be some indication regarding establishment of a series that showcased our major national championships was important - but this does not seem the case - perhaps it is time to put it to bed

however I am not in favour of that because I believe that we should have a Championship series for our championships - yes it probably needs to be cobbled around TRS given they are an important component of it. But not all categories need to be at all TRS meetings and there is scope for one before Xmas and certainly one in March.

I would like to see on the schedule like TRS, V8 touring cars, a single make saloon series, FFord FFirst, a big grunter modified series, smaller modified saloon series, a local club class - now a mixture of say 5 of those groups at each meeting could be attractive and I am sure a good promotion could be arranged around them that would be pushed to non-motorsport enthausists.

then of course there is the question of who actually does this - do not see a long queue of promoters lining up for the task. Like it or not it was something that TMC did well - yes felt they did lose their way in the last couple of years - but for a number of years they did provide for MSNZ a championship series