View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3232532)   #85
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wilkinson View Post
The front runners in cscc tin tops are ex- tourers, a completely different breed. I'd love to race an ex-btcc car,
I'm not going to get involved in the Series comparisons but it is a slight misnomer to suggest that the front running cars in CSCC Tin Tops are ex BTCC "tourers" as implied here. There is one extremely well developed Integra that also competed in Britcar and there are 2 or 3 ex CLASS B BTCC cars from around the year 2000 era, ie cars that were actually Group N+ Super Production cars from the previous years National Saloon Car Championship. Thats not actually that sophisticated a spec and I bought mine for very very little - I've seen stock hatches for sale for more. Maybe a couple of those cars have been developed further now (mine hasn't & I've not been out in it for a while anyway) but that doesn't make them "BTCC Tourers". The majority of the quick CSCC Class A cars are Integras and Civic Type Rs which have an awesome engine as standard and off the shelf parts, inc H pattern gear boxes. They'd be quick (quicker than mine) even with a bolt in cage, stripped out and not much else doing to them.