View Single Post
Old 11 May 2013, 03:26 (Ref:3245549)   #251
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHWS View Post
I have never believed that this race would happen. But then i never believed that Austin would happen. So I guess there's still a chance for New Jersey.

N.J. Formula One supporters glad to see racing insider added to committee
Tomás Dinges/The Star-Ledger
updated May 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM

The organization that wants to bring Formula One auto racing to Weehawken in 2014 recently lost two top executives, but yesterday named an industry veteran to its team, officials said.

WEEHAWKEN — The appointment of Christopher R. Pook as a special assistant to the chairman of the Grand Prix of America group drew a vote of confidence from the head of Formula One.

"Chris has a history of great success in Formula One, which I’m confident he’ll bring to the Grand Prix of America race," F1 Chairman Bernie Ecclestone said. "We look forward to working with him to bring F1 racing to New Jersey and New York..."

The head of Grand Prix of America, former YES Network founder, Leo Hindery Jr., said Pook would consult on all aspects of race construction, planning and execution.

Pook founded the first F1 street circuit race in the country, the USA Grand Prix West in 1976, and helped develop six other races around the country over decades in the industry, Hindery said. He is also the former chief executive officer of Championship Auto Racing Teams (CART) series...

LOL, F1 in New York! Near "joy-z city", I see. Can't say I'm too enthralled about this one. I wouldn't have rather seen Formula 1 at Sochi. But don't count them out just yet.

F1 and New York are just an odd combination that I'll have to get used to.

Imagine all the complaints about noise and pollution and traffic and whatnot from those residents just east of the track. F1 cars will be practically running through their neighborhood...