View Single Post
Old 27 May 2013, 07:06 (Ref:3253835)   #64
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
calm down Mark lol I wasn't getting into a ****ing match with you since the cars aren't in direct competition to each other and are built to two different sets of rules.. it hardly matters what the other runs. it's not they'll be on the same track together

btw I believe Ross was the fastest TLX with a 1:06.4 .. not Bargwanna. and the time was set in a race.. not qualifying.
Promax, I did not think you were, and I am very far from "hot under the collar"

I used the fastest times recorded by the official timing system's to try to match up comparable track conditions, between the two categories, as anybody who was at Pukekohe on Saturday and Sunday will no doubt agree, other than Saturday morning, Conditions were far from ideal.

I spoke at length to SVG on both days, and he believes that having driven one of the fastest COFT cars at Pukekohe in ideal conditions, that in comparable conditions there would be very little difference between the two.

More interesting was the fact that he also said that after 30 laps he and Murph were still able to lap consistently in very low 5's even in yesterdays cold and damp conditions, something the COFT car on its softer Dunlop tyres could not do in ideal conditions only six weeks ago.

My real point is, and I think you know that, that at last we have an affordable New Zealand alternative to the Australian V8 Supercars at way less than half the price, and this fact should be celebrated.